GFA Consulting Ltd can support businesses that are looking for financial instruments to guarantee their transactions with suppliers and for strategic partners to complete trade finance activities in a variety of sectors.
Oil and Gas:
Identification of potential suppliers and buyers (including refineries); review and/or completion of documentation (NDA, Letters of Intent, Sale & Purchase Agreement); sourcing of competitive financial instruments; support with negotiations until closing of the transaction.
Access to credible exporters (Europe, US); review and/or completion of documentation; support with the set-up of Collateral Management Agreement; support with negotiations until closing of the transaction, identification of financial instruments (LCs, etc.)
Identification of suppliers from Europe and/or the US; review and/or completion of documentation; provision of financial instruments; support with negotiations until closing of the transaction.
GFA Consulting has developed a series of masterclasses for the benefit of its clients. Masterclasses can be delivered either at GFA premises or at client premises in Ghana or in any other location in West or Central Africa. GFA Consulting also partners with institutions such as training institutions or audit firms to deliver its masterclasses to a selection of corporate clients.
Below are examples of training and masterclass contents developed by GFA Consulting since 2017.
Fundraising options for SMEs and how to access them – Topics covered
• Understanding how ﬁnanciers make investment decisions
• Principles and characteristics of debt
• Sources of debt
• Key success factors for debt fundraising
• Principles and characteristics of equity
• Sources of equity
• Investment cycle of Private Equity (PE) funds
• Types of PE funds in Africa
• Differences between equity and debt
• Key success factors for equity fundraising
How to build a credible business plan – Topics covered:
• Challenges of accessing finance for SMEs
• Importance of business plans for investors
• Overview of the business plans
• Four pillars of credible business plans
• Developing credible financial assumptions
Closing a deal with a Private Equity Fund – Topics covered:
• Principles and characteristics of PE funds
• PE Funds versus debt providers
• The different types of PE funds in Africa
• Investment cycle of PE Funds
• PE funds’ investment process
• Traps to avoid when discussing a term sheet/letter of intent
• Key success factors in negotiation
Valuing your business – Topics covered:
• Context of business valuation
• Overview of valuation methodologies
• Business plan and the maximization of business value
• Valuation and dilution
• Valuation and negotiations with investors
Other content can be developed by GFA Consulting based on client’s needs as long as the topics evolve around fundraising matters.
Feel free to contact us to get a quote.